Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Could this be the problem with starting my car?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Could this be the problem with starting my car? by derangedsheep
Started on: 01-08-2004 06:52 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: GTDude on 01-08-2004 10:52 PM
derangedsheep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
The engine floods itself . my mechanic said its most likely the Cold Start Injector or the Cold Start Injector Switch. Im getting them because ive heard of them going bad and its probably not a bad thing to replace after almost 128k miles. could this cure my problem? How hard is it to replace the injector and switch? does anyone have pics of the injector and switch. preferably in the car.

thanks

Steve

------------------

87 GT Auto: New Ignition System, New Stereo System, New Radiator. Fiero Warehouse Scorpion SideScoop. Got the stuff for inspection. Been sitting at the mechanic's for a week and still not done.
AIM: derangedsheep | email: elcodjsteveo@comcast.net
SUPPORTING MEMBER

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the switch first, and see if that solves it.

If not, do a leak-down check of the fuel pressure. If it holds pressure, you're not leaking.

I have the CSS unplugged, and the injector removed from my Formula. Still starts right up in the coldest of weather.

------------------
...I just stare at my desk. But it looks like I'm working.

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
bump
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i couldn't even see the freakin injector.
but follow this line that comes off of the injector rail down to the manifold and where it ends is the injector.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-08-2004).]

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Very unlikely that the cold start injector. yes a leak test would tell for sure. As Rainman said if you unplug the switch so it doesn't work and it's not leaking, then it cannot be the injector. Personally, from experience I would throughtly clean the throttle body and IAC with spray TB cleaner and see what effect this has on your prob. The next thing to make sure of is full and constant vacuumn to the MAP sensor. This is the major component that the ecm uses to judge fuel requirements. Good luck.

PHIL

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd

If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock