look what will be on my v8 when I get one by marcustre
Started on: 01-06-2004 06:27 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Raydar on 01-08-2004 11:08 AM
marcustre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marcustreClick Here to visit marcustre's HomePageSend a Private Message to marcustreDirect Link to This Post
how does this sound......32V pushrod turbo chevy 302....I think it sounds good.
http://www.araoengineering.com
think of the revs!
that motor will be in a ferrari kit whahahahahaha

marcus

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
You'd better post your address so that when you get the payment bill, we'll know where to send the Ambulance!!!
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Will those heads even fit???
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I would love to think it is all true, but for some reason I just dont think they are all they say. They say you can just bolt on these heads and get over 100HP? then do some fuel ratio changes to get 100 more? With a stock roller cam?
Kind of sounds like a "100MPG carb" story to me. But I hope I am wrong.
I think any engine that comes stock with 200HP is going to need some serious mods to get 600HP, they say these heads and a good engine is all you need? And with the right combo of parts you can get 1000HP?
Maybe I just misunderstood them?
DustoneGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DustoneGTSend a Private Message to DustoneGTDirect Link to This Post
This sounds reasonable to me,
more flow means more flow.

The only problem I see is the price...$5000 and up!
If you have the money, go for it.

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
why not rework the quad 4 heads from 2 HO motors to be timed with the 4.9. Ohh wait thats the quad8 cough (northstar) cough*
perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post
If they flow what the say they will on the site the HP numbers sound reasonable. The price of admission is a little high for the bottom of the line heads but as you go upwards the numbers and cost is comparable to serious racing heads for the SBC (I don't know of a conventional SBC head that will flow the big numbers they claim - that's BBC territory!). The only concern I would have is something breaking while I was on the road because you probably can't just stop in a parts store or average service place for a quick fix. Nice for the novelty though.

------------------
perk - todd's hot rods

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 01-08-2004).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...
I'll bet the cam and lifter loading is incredible. To be fair, I didn't read all the info, though.
It *did* say you could use a stock intake manifold. For some reason, I'm picturing a TPI setup imploding into the top of the engine at around 5500 or so.
Yeah. I'm warped.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave