I was driving down the highway for about an hour last night...went to accelerate...car stuttered/stumbled. I pulled off and the car was idling rough. Tried to drive around the parking lot and the car would stumble if I pushed the accelerator too much...couldn't get above 5 MPH. I disconnected the oxygen sensor and the car idles much smoother, yet high. Still "won't go" though.
Here are a few other things that may help diagnose the issue(s):
0. 1987 4cyl auto 124,000 miles
1. Tach will drop completely from time-to-time
2. Last oil change I added Restore to the oil
3. It was raining last night and I left the trunk open while prepping to leave
4. Starter has been acting up lately...making grinding noises...having to move the wires to get a start.
5. One of the coils was replaced a few years ago...as far as I know, the other is original
My guesses are as follows:
1. one of the sensors got wet (MAP, MAT, etc)
2. lost an ignition coil
3. Ignition Module is dead
4. Vac leak (I didn't check last night...)
Any advice or specific suggestions are greatly appreciated...please help b/c I am considering having it towed to the yard...