New Seatbelts by johnmac
Started on: 01-04-2004 10:39 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Electrathon on 01-04-2004 01:08 PM
johnmac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnmacSend a Private Message to johnmacDirect Link to This Post
Were is the best place to buy new replacement seatbelts?
I noticed J.C. Whitney lists seatbelts. Has anyone used these?

Comments.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
You need a set or just looking for an upgrade to what you have?
If you need a set to get you on the road I have a set here in Lakeland that you can have for shipping or you can pick them up. They will need cleaned but they are functional.

------------------
Jake
Red 1986 GT 5 Speed
Gold1986 SE 4 Speed
Black 1985 GT Auto
Visit my Fiero Page

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
You will be better off with good used belts than aftermarket ones, the quality will likely be a lot higher.
johnmac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnmacSend a Private Message to johnmacDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for NEW replacement belts. Although my present belts are functional, I am concerned about there ability to withstand crash shock loads.

I am looking at 18 year old synthetic fabric & stitching and I have my doubts.

No one produces replacement belts?

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The safety factor is why I would shy away from aftermarket ones, you are literally betting with your life.

If you are afraid of the factory webbing, it would not be hard to simply unwind the fabric from the retractor and replace just that part. Any upholstery shop should be able to sew the ends for you.

If the belts are in good condition they in all reality will last many more years though. I can't remember actually seeing a seatblet that broke in an accident. The webbing is just to wide. They really are much wider than needed for stress, the width is to support your body durring a crash and not cut you in two like a rope would.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock