Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Front cradle bolt by fuel filter and line??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Front cradle bolt by fuel filter and line?? by MooCow
Started on: 01-03-2004 09:19 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: AusFiero on 01-04-2004 04:20 AM
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I have the fuel lines disconnected right under the battery tray. I finally got the drivers side front cradle bolt off. Now I am working on the passenger side, but the fuel lines and filter are blocking my way. I need more room to be able to cut the bolt head off. Also I don't want to start a fire with all the sparks. Now I do have the fuel lines that are disconnected off with rags taped to the top of them, so they are shut. Can I take off the fuel filter and those lines, or will fuel dump out? If fuel does come out then I will have to wait till tomorrow to finish cutting the bolt heads off for the fuel to evaporate. I am very nervous about cutting the bolt head off on this side just because of the fule lines being there. I really don't want a big BOOM! Any tips would be great.

Thanks Ken

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bushroot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
BOOM!....just kidding. If you need me to stop over Sunday, I'm free most of the afternoon. You should be able to move the metal lines. If in doubt, give me a call. BTW...good job on the driver's side! I know what a pain in the ass cradle bolts can be.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
I can sympathise with you. I just did mine. But it was a rust free CA chassis so the worst I got was a broken socket. Bought a good quality impact one and all my bolts came out clean. Cradle is out without one damaged bolt or grazed knuckles.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock