Started on: 01-02-2004 07:26 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: ditch on 01-02-2004 08:10 AM
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
Just had to post this and tell everyone. My ex-wife calls me and tells me she has no brakes in her car. The car needed front disks very badly. I remove the tire on the passenger side and I couldn't believe my eyes. The rotor was worn down to the point that there was no more face on it. It was down to the center area with the fins/ribs (inside rotors). The outer part of the rotor (where the pads press against) had finally broke free from the section that goes over the wheel studs, so when she hit the brakes, the outer part would just get pinched and held but the wheel would still spin since it was broken off that part. I've NEVER seen it this bad.

Luckily she hadn't burned up the calipers (I don't know how), but got the pads put on and everything is ok now.

Just had to share this. I wish I had a camera so I could post a picture of it here. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen as far as brakes go.

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jonmulzer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonmulzerSend a Private Message to jonmulzerDirect Link to This Post
Ouch. How long has she needed brakes for?

I had a Ranger I bought new for a work truck a few years ago. At 20,000 miles BOTH of the inboard brake pads on the front came unbonded from the metal backing at the same time. I did not have time to do anything with it that day since I was on my way to work when it happened. In the drive there and the drive home it completely toasted the rotors. There were gouges in them that were unbelievable.

And Ford would not cover it. They said it was due to abuse. The truck has a 3 liter in it. It would not even get out of its own way. They made it sound like I was driving it hard or something. Never again will I buy a Ford.....

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2004 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
we got divorced in July and it was in need of a brake job then...the pads were pretty much worn away, so she's been driving it about 6 months with it needing brakes

Dave

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock