Side air intake vent by MR P BODY
Started on: 01-01-2004 03:46 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: G-Nasty on 01-05-2004 02:31 AM
MR P BODY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
hey i need some ideas here, i think side intake vent on a fiero are kind ugly, id like to see what u guys have done to the side vent and also what is the procedur for takin the panel off

------------------
Black 84 2M4

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The side intake grill can be removed by unscrewing the two Phillips head screw that hold it in place. This can be replaced by the "rare $180 Ebay" Holley ram air side scoop. Originally $4.95. Or there are after market scoops that can be used replacing the "rare Holley scoop".

If you are ingenious enough, you can make your own using some PVC pipe or fiberglass.

Very little is achieved by this addition except to lighten your wallet.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 01-01-2004).]

MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
actuly i wanna take the whole panle off, and fiber glass somting differnt, and i wanna know how to take the whole body panle off, im sorry, i should been a more clear

------------------
Black 84 2M4

[This message has been edited by MR P BODY (edited 01-01-2004).]

MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
Black 84 2M4

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
Mine are still in progress, as you can see.

Remove upper trim piece, and the screws around the wheel opening. then remove lower trim to gain access to the rivets across the bottom.
I used the honeycomb screen from a retired rear grate to cover the opening on mine BTW.

Russ Camp

------------------
86 SE350 x 4 speed (my way)
86 SE2.8 x 4 speed (all-option restored)

MR P BODY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR P BODYClick Here to visit MR P BODY's HomePageSend a Private Message to MR P BODYDirect Link to This Post
looks pretty mint, keep more pics comin every one

------------------
Black 84 2M4

Mark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSend a Private Message to MarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Mine are still in progress, as you can see.

Russ,

Lookin' good! Can you shed some details? Is this a modification of an original urethane quarter panel or fiberglass?

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark:

Russ,

Lookin' good! Can you shed some details? Is this a modification of an original urethane quarter panel or fiberglass?

Thanks!
It's just a simple modification to the existing panel. Just carefully cut out the area, then set it back in using small pie cut pieces of fiberglass on each side.
Fiberglass, bondo and elbow grease

Russ Camp

------------------
86 SE350 x 4 speed (my way)
86 SE2.8 x 4 speed (all-option restored)

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
I sell partials for both sides 55 ea. You will have to cut/bond/graft them onto factory panel. PM me for details

This is what it looks like installed:

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock