need help from car stereo guys by FieroSE86
Started on: 12-31-2003 03:55 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: fierosound on 01-01-2004 07:49 AM
FieroSE86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSE86Send a Private Message to FieroSE86Direct Link to This Post
The question is can the 90 Ampere Fiero alternator support 2 stereo amplifiers? I have a 60W x 2 @ 4 Ohms amplifier. In the past I have run all 4 of the Fiero's speakers (front 4x10's, rear 4x6's both 4 Ohms) off one 2 channel amp. This worked, but I lost front to back fade control which also affected the depth of the music. I was wondering if I can successfuly add another of the same amp to the car using the stock alternator? I realize there are 4 channel amps out there, but I can pick up another 2 channel amp a lot cheaper. I may still upgrade to a 4 channel amp, but I'm curious about adding a second amp. Thanks!

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
They are not super power amps, so it should work fine. Make sure they are wired properly ect... If you do experience any dimming lights or whatever a .5 farad capacitor should solve the problems.

------------------
----------------------------------------
Custom fiberglass parts made to order, PM me.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
90 amp alternator can support up to about 30 amps RMS of service to audio amplifiers without taxing the rest of the system. With 2 60X2 amps or 1 60X4 amp your only drawing 16 amps max. and 12.5 amps RMS. I'm running a 75X4 and a 200X1 Which is drawing about 24 amps RMS.
Make sure your using an 8 gauge wire for power and ground.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

red wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red wolfSend a Private Message to red wolfDirect Link to This Post
i'm running a mtx 1000d amp and it hits hard with no loss in power...one thing to remember if you use alot of power ,,,as in bass you might want to get a cap so you never have a volt drop when it hits
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
i agree with red wolf if you notice and drop in voltage then it would be best to use a cap to support the system
TylerB11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TylerB11Send a Private Message to TylerB11Direct Link to This Post
i third the cap idea. what a difference it makes - the first time i got one ( different car) i noticed the car lights flickering w/ the bass - so I put the cap in to stop that, but what a difference it made it the sound, much cleaner bass.
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi can you please a post a link to get more nfo on capacitor setup?...thanks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver86se:

hi can you please a post a link to get more nfo on capacitor setup?...thanks

See here: http://www.fantomforce.com/whatisacapacitor.html

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors