Confusedagain....ALDL by DavidStremer
Started on: 12-31-2003 09:35 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: DavidStremer on 01-01-2004 10:29 AM
DavidStremer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavidStremerSend a Private Message to DavidStremerDirect Link to This Post
WTH is the ALDL? Is this another term for the ECM (engine Control moduel?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DavidStremer:

WTH is the ALDL? Is this another term for the ECM (engine Control moduel?

I am not sure exactly what ALDL stands for, but it is the plug to connect a computer to so that you can read the ecm. In the Fiero it is located right behind the cigarette lighter. The ECM is right beside the drivers right hand shoulder, behind the "glove box" in the center console.

The ALDL connector, connects a computer to the ECM. You can also use the ALDL to flash the Service Engine light so that you can read the codes that the ECM has stored. This is done by jumpering two pins. You can find out more on reading codes here on the forum. On the main page Cliff has a link to it.

KlingonFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KlingonFieroClick Here to visit KlingonFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlingonFieroDirect Link to This Post
ALDL: Assembly Line Diagnostic(s) Link
Or athat is at least one of the explanations that I have read/heard.
Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2003 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
The ALDL is also the same as an ALCL (Assembly Line Connector Link) in earlier emmision controlled systems for GM. This device allows you to switch the engine into a diagnostic mode of the ECM (Electronic Control Module or computer). Trouble codes will be flashed with the "Service Engine Soon" light in the dashpanel when you ground the "A" and "B" terminals of the ALDL connector behind the Cigarette Lighter panel.

[This message has been edited by Bazooka (edited 12-31-2003).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2003 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
And here's a picture:

JazzMan

DavidStremer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2004 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavidStremerSend a Private Message to DavidStremerDirect Link to This Post
OK>>>> I get it!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock