hidden antenna by WhiteFieroGT
Started on: 12-29-2003 12:00 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Bradbitz11 on 12-29-2003 10:12 PM
WhiteFieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFieroGTSend a Private Message to WhiteFieroGTDirect Link to This Post
ok ... so im doing body work because im putting the rocker panels/decklid scoop/front chin spoiler on so i figured id hide the antenna while im at it too ... so i was wondering if it would be alright if i just wedged the antenna in there very snug ... i did this and the thing wouldnt move an inch and was hard to move at all ... ? i already filled and glassed the hole on the fender so i cant go back any suggestions ??

------------------
AIM: Fier0Brian

IF YOU CANT BEAT A COMPUTER AT CHESS TRY KICKBOXING!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
take a look here.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/024239-3.html

I took the antenna and mounted it on a 2" piece of angle aluminum and mounted that on the door jam under teh fender. I ran the antenna forward inside the fender and strapped off the tip to the frame with a rubber insulator and a zip tie. then patched the hole. works great!

WhiteFieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteFieroGTSend a Private Message to WhiteFieroGTDirect Link to This Post
you think it would be alright if i just pushed it up in there snug ?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Works for me:

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2003 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
I, too, just took the original mounting bracket and mounted it horizontally on a piece of angle iron. I drilled a hole in the chassis near the tip of the antenna, and did some sort of half-assed thing, but it works and isn't coming out. As far as not securing the tip, I think the antenna will want to wiggle back out and "smack" against the fender everytime you hit a bump, but I don't know. I just took the extra precaution and secured the tip.

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock