Exhaust bolts revisited by dclink
Started on: 12-24-2003 09:05 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Solo2 on 01-03-2004 09:09 PM
dclink

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dclinkClick Here to visit dclink's HomePageSend a Private Message to dclinkDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas all! The transformation is coming along nicley, (2.8 to 3.1) I will soon be ready to bolt on the exhaust manifolds. I have found 10.9 8m x 1.25 bolts for about 32 cents ea.

Are these the ones I need? What about the ones with the bolt with the nut in the middle?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2003 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
DC
Have you seen the Exhaust stud kit that Rodney Dickman sells. At $15 plus $5 shipping and handling it is a little pricey compared to .32 per bolt but iit has brass nuts which will make it easier to remove next time. Just thought you might want to know. Some of the PPF members have used a similar kit made for the Saturn purchased from the dealer. If you run a search you might find the part number but I bet Rodney has beat the price for this (he usually does).

------------------

Dwayne Mohr
84 SC Red
87 GT 5sp Silver
(Formerly FieroSoul, member since 2001)

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2003 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Best Christmas gift that you will purchase for yourself is Rodneys' stud kit.
Solo2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post12-25-2003 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Why you get your for 32 cents each. I have mine for 7 cents each. It is much cheaper here in the south BTW correct bolts are M8x1.25x25 grade 10.9 HHCS bolts and the shield studs are M8x1.25x30 grade 10.9 HHCS bolts. Not trying the steel business from Rodney but you can find these at any metric supply warehouse/store.
dclink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2004 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dclinkClick Here to visit dclink's HomePageSend a Private Message to dclinkDirect Link to This Post
Not to be too cheap here, but if I can save a buck on one item, I'll spend it on a different.

I am now ready to install my manifolds. Where would I find these 10.9 bolts? I have tried Tractor Supply, Advanced Auto, Auto Zone. I just can't part with $20 for something I can get for $1.

Thanks for all the help.

Solo2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2004 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Here is where I purchased all my metric bolts needs:
Metric & Multistandard Components Corp.
2200 Century Circle
Irving, Texas 75062
972-870-1017

This is for the DFW metro area. A common metric warehouse supply store.
Solo2

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock