88 rear control arm Poly source? by Midshipman Easy
Started on: 12-22-2003 10:39 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: F40man on 12-23-2003 04:02 PM
Midshipman Easy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midshipman EasySend a Private Message to Midshipman EasyDirect Link to This Post
In my search for 88 rubber bushings, Ive noticed many people say "i have full poly all the way around" yet i do not see anyone actually meantion where they got the 88 rear control arm bushings since Prothane doesnt make them. Thanks for any clearification on this.
Ken
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store carries poly for the 88 rear.
Midshipman Easy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midshipman EasySend a Private Message to Midshipman EasyDirect Link to This Post
uhmm ok well im lost then.. forgive my lack of technical names, in looking at my haynes manual i do not see an 88s rear suspension diagram so i cant use the correct names.. but in tearing apart my 88s i had 3 bars per side.. one is adjustable ( perhaps toe?) one is a u shaped and sits parallel to the the adjustable lengthed one and one is (round/large) and connects diagonally from the knuckle to the frame. Which of these would be the rear control arm. And here is a quote from the prothane salesman,
Neal:
"Ken, we do not make a Total kit for the 88' model because we do not make a rear control arm kit for the 88's.
I have attached a listing from our catalog that shows all of the individual kits we make for the 88'."

I see the fiero store sells a trailing arm kit.. would be you kind enough to point out the rear trailing arm one?

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
Part #57305 at The Fiero Store. The 88 rear does not have control arms. It use the links instead.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
and with a press, it takes about an hour to have the old ones out, and new in.

good luck

Rob

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midshipman Easy:

uhmm ok well im lost then.. forgive my lack of technical names, in looking at my haynes manual i do not see an 88s rear suspension diagram so i cant use the correct names.. but in tearing apart my 88s i had 3 bars per side.. one is adjustable ( perhaps toe?) one is a u shaped and sits parallel to the the adjustable lengthed one and one is (round/large) and connects diagonally from the knuckle to the frame. Which of these would be the rear control arm. And here is a quote from the prothane salesman,
Neal:
"Ken, we do not make a Total kit for the 88' model because we do not make a rear control arm kit for the 88's.
I have attached a listing from our catalog that shows all of the individual kits we make for the 88'."

I see the fiero store sells a trailing arm kit.. would be you kind enough to point out the rear trailing arm one?

Per 88 manual:
adjustable = fixed adjusting link
u shaped and sits parallel to the the adjustable lengthed one = lateral control arm
round/large and connects diagonally from the knuckle to the frame = trailing arm

------------------
88 4cyl auto Fiero, AC, sunroof
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Place on the west coast that sells them. I believe they also sell them in black. I think this is the manufacturer but they sell to the general public. 1-800-291-5340
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midshipman Easy:

In my search for 88 rubber bushings, Ive noticed many people say "i have full poly all the way around" yet i do not see anyone actually meantion where they got the 88 rear control arm bushings since Prothane doesnt make them. Thanks for any clearification on this.
Ken

I got my Poly for the rear from Summit. As someone mentioned the 88 does not have rear control arms.

Forum member hyperv6 works for Summit.

ALL of the suspension parts were purchased from Summit Racing:
’88 Parts List:
Control Arm Poly Bushing Set PTP-7-207 $39.95 (Front)
Trailing Arm Poly Bushing Set PTP-7-305 $41.69 (Rear)
Outer Tie Rod Ends MOG-ES3238RL $31.99
Sway bar Bracket Poly ENS-9-5158G $13.95 Greaseable 22mm rear
GT
Sway bar Bracket Poly ENS-9-5163G $13.95 Greaseable 28mm
front GT
Poly Tie Rod Boots $3.95/pr

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 12-23-2003).]

Solo2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2003 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Zoom88 for posting my '88 suspension info. I am glad that everybody is starting to use the information that I provide to the forum members. Thanks again.
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Solo2:

Thanks Zoom88 for posting my '88 suspension info. I am glad that everybody is starting to use the information that I provide to the forum members. Thanks again.

No, thank You it certainly has helped me out along with all the other info you have sent me in the past !!!! Sorry I left your user name out my bad!! I gave you a POS. + rating though !!

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 12-23-2003).]

Midshipman Easy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midshipman EasySend a Private Message to Midshipman EasyDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for your help! I truly appreciate it! I guess ill just go with Poly since it seems less of a hassle to aquire then rubber.
Ken
PFF
System Bot
F40man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F40manSend a Private Message to F40manDirect Link to This Post
Held motor sport F40man

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock