changing the decklid by ionstorm666
Started on: 12-22-2003 07:39 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: jscott1 on 12-23-2003 12:19 AM
ionstorm666

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ionstorm666Send a Private Message to ionstorm666Direct Link to This Post
This may be a newbie question, but I am a newbie.

Can the decklids of the fieros be interchanged easily, or do certain ones only fit on certain models/years?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
All notchback lids are interchangable with each other. There were two basic styles. The 84 lids had vents across the center and came with solid side panels. All later notchbacks had a bulge over the engine and the vents were moved to the side panel. I have heard that there may be some clearance problems using the 84 lid with some engine swaps. All fastback lids are basically the same and do not interchange with notchbacks. You must vent the engine compartment. Never use an 85-88 non vented lid with the 84 non vented side panels.

These lids remove easily as they are held by two bolts on each side of the lid. Do not try to remove the hinges from the firewall as it is a great way to smash your rear window when the torsion bars release.

[This message has been edited by Gordo (edited 12-22-2003).]

Fester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FesterSend a Private Message to FesterDirect Link to This Post
Is there any advantage to using an '84 decklid with a pair of vented side panels other than the obvious increase in venting?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
No. There is no advantage other than increasing the ventilation. And if you have anything other than a stock L4 you may have a clearance issue.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock