Started on: 12-22-2003 02:00 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Carrolles on 12-22-2003 08:53 AM
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
is it worth porting anything before you get the throttle body bored ,and if is what about only porting the upper intake(because the lower one is a pain in ass to get off). Will i feel the diffance with a stock 2.8 with 120,000 if i do start porting and do all of the above a once .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
To get the most for your work and money, you need to do all 3 pieces and the TB.
Especially the lower one, it will also help give you a better inj. spray pattern if done right. Have Darrell Morse do them for you.
http://www.diginostics.com/Darrell_Morse/darrell_morse.html
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes, you want to do all 3 peices (4 if you count the throttle body). the main reason for the porting is to make even/smooth transistions between the peices, not for volume/size.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Every little bit helps but you probably won't feel any difference with just porting the upper intake plenum. If you have to remove the upper plenum anyway go for it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock