Started on: 12-21-2003 11:25 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: RTNmsds on 12-22-2003 04:52 PM
WBailey1041

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
I have an 84 se 4 banger. 60k Original Verifiable miles on the little guy. Problem is that every 3-4 seconds it misfires - only heard at idle. Also when Im on the freeway and I slow down I hear a really strange sound coming from between the seats by the firewall, behind the computer. Sounds like a cordless drill doin about 4 billion rpms. It only occurs upon decceleration. Never at Idle, acceleration, braking or starting. Any ideas??

Also is it normal for the engine to be at 3200 rpm when doing 70 mph??
And does anybody elses cruise control engage and dis engage Really hard causing the car to jump??

------------------
Failing to prepare - Is preparing to fail....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

And does anybody elses cruise control engage and dis engage Really hard causing the car to jump??

Check the play in your cruise cable. Sounds like you have too much slack.

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
Cracked exhaust maufold?
roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post

Also is it normal for the engine to be at 3200 rpm when doing 70 mph??

On my old 88 coupe 2.5, i use to take trips on the freeway and i was doing about 70 at 3000 or 3100 rpms, i say ur car is pretty much where it needs to be, sorry about the drill sound, i have no idea what it could be, maybe a worn motor or tranny mount???

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
if you have te 4.10 tranny the rpm to speed is about right.
RTNmsds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

...Also when Im on the freeway and I slow down I hear a really strange sound coming from between the seats by the firewall, behind the computer. Sounds like a cordless drill doin about 4 billion rpms. It only occurs upon decceleration. Never at Idle, acceleration, braking or starting. Any ideas??

When you let off the gas at high speed/rpm, you intake goes under maximum vacuum. I'm guessing vacuum or intake leak.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock