3 Questions before cradle comes out by MooCow
Started on: 12-21-2003 12:57 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: MooCow on 12-21-2003 03:52 PM
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I have a few questions with my pictures. First picture is my shift cables. I got the one that slides side to side out with a clip. The other one has no clip, but I can't figure out how to take it off.

Second picture is my slave. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it off. I only see one bolt and it did nothing.

Third is the darn ECM wirring. I can't seem to get that out. I don't want to have to diconnect everything with the engine in and would rather just pull the clip off the ECM and drop the cradle that way.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Ken

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Ok, as far as the shift cable, I'm not too sure. Maybe someone with a 4 speed could help ya there. As far as the slave cylinder, just remove the 2 13MM screws that hold it to the bracket. You do not need to take the whole bracket off. On the ECM Wireing, you only need to remove the side that plugs into the ECM. Push on the black tab that the arrow points at. I think there might be one on the other side also. Dont forget to disconnect the C500 connector by the battery! That needs to be disconnected too.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2003 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yes, on the ECM wiring harness there is no connection at the point where it goes through the firewall. What appears to be a grey connector is actully a plastic sealing grommet. You disconnect the connector at the ECM itself, unscrew the ALDL connector from the plastic support frame, and disconnect one other connector that is just below the ECM. Then the entire wiring harness including the ALDL connector threads out through the hole in the firewall. If your engine is particularly greasy you might want to put baggies over the connectors to keep them from becoming contaminated with old engine oil and grease.

JazzMan

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-21-2003).]

FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
Both shift cables attach the same way at the bracket. You're missing a clip, that's all.
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I will check after dinner then for the ECM. I already have the c500 disconnected You know James you could always just come up and show me, and lend a helping hand

I now see the 2 bolts on the slave that I need to get off. Thanks
Only one had a clip, and the other one that I can't get off has no clip. The first on just slide right off, but this on will only twist, but will not come out. I will try to work on it more when I go back out. After these get out of the way, I am pretty much set to start dropping it all.

Thanks Ken

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock