T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

where are your leaks? by odysseyelite
Started on: 12-20-2003 12:33 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: odysseyelite on 12-20-2003 04:46 PM
odysseyelite
No longer registered
Report this Post12-20-2003 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for odysseyeliteClick Here to visit odysseyelite's HomePageSend a Private Message to odysseyeliteDirect Link to This Post
Doing research guys for you that visted my remanufactured parts post in the Mall section.

Where are the most common leaks in fieros? I am looking into selling o-rings for the fuel injectors (dealership cost like 4.20 a piece..too much) o-rings for the distributor, light gaskets/seals? Any other type of seals that are commonly replaced or goes bad?

Another Note: Has someone out on the internet put up diagrams and Schematics of the motor and the rest of the car? Like this:

http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/online_parts_catalog/Electrical/taillight.GIF

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSend a Private Message to MarkDirect Link to This Post
I personnaly wouldn't bother with the fuel injector or distributor O-rings since Fel-pro sells them cheap.
Gordo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Bigggest cause of leaks on a 4-cyl is not knowing the right way to use silicone rtv.
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
GM charges $14 for the oil filter gasket on 88 dukes, i think.

Between that, a valve cover gasket, a heater core, and a water pump, I dont have any leaks.

Bonehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoneheadSend a Private Message to BoneheadDirect Link to This Post
My biggest leak was the dist O ring. After shut down a 4 inch dia puddle would show up. Replace o ring - no more leak.

Best fix yet.

Bonehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoneheadSend a Private Message to BoneheadDirect Link to This Post

Bonehead

92 posts
Member since Nov 2002
My biggest leak was the dist O ring. After shut down a 4 inch dia puddle would show up. Replace o ring - no more leak.

Best fix yet.

odysseyelite
No longer registered
Report this Post12-20-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for odysseyeliteClick Here to visit odysseyelite's HomePageSend a Private Message to odysseyeliteDirect Link to This Post
whats the address of fel-pro online?

jaosn

odysseyelite
No longer registered
Report this Post12-20-2003 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for odysseyeliteClick Here to visit odysseyelite's HomePageSend a Private Message to odysseyeliteDirect Link to This Post

odysseyelite

what about tail light seals for when you put on new lenses? Or do you use silicon for that?

Jason

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock