Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Will W body spindles fit/work on a Fiero?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Will W body spindles fit/work on a Fiero? by intlcutlass
Started on: 12-19-2003 08:41 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: intlcutlass on 12-22-2003 07:59 AM
intlcutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2003 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
I would imagine somebody has adressed this before, but I did a search and found nothing. The reason I ask is it seems to me that would help in 2 areas. you could use 5x115 wheels, and use the larger diam brakes rotors and pads.

Let me know if anyone has adressed or tried this, please.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2003 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Well... the '98+ W-body pieces can fit... but it takes a lot of work. I'm still getting all the stuff together. You need custom control arms, W-body struts, W-boy ball joints, and maybe even custom axles.

However, swapping in a hub carrier from an A-body with HD brakes and 4 speed auto is plug-and-play. This is a bolt in swap for the Fiero hub carrier. The A-body outer CV's spline onto the manual transmission Fiero axles. The HD A-body hardware also has the 5x115 pattern.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Which cars were the A-body's? I've never heard of this swap before, is it just plug and play? Will it work with a manual transmission?
ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2003 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post
T.T.T.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2003 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
A-body:

Chevy Celebrity
Pontiac 6000
Olds Ciera
Buick Century (<'96)

Needs to have HD brakes. I forget which transmission, but I think the donor needs to be 4 speed auto if you're swapping into a manual Fiero, and 3 speed auto if you're swapping into an 3 speed auto Fiero.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Will !!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock