IAC or O2 sensor problem. by rcromantic
Started on: 12-18-2003 05:15 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Bazooka on 12-18-2003 06:41 PM
rcromantic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcromanticSend a Private Message to rcromanticDirect Link to This Post
could a faulty or damaged IAC mess with driveability,

I have a 85 duke 5spd

just a few short weeks ago i was cleaning out my TBI with some carb and choke cleaner and i kinda drowned the IAC port. I thought nothing of it. but a week after that my engine check light kept coming on and the car would idle iradically and almost stall. when i am driving. it bucks and jerks all around. it even bucks when decelerating. is it and IAC problem or a O2 sensor problem. I replaced the TPS thinking it would fix it but it didnt. I am so fed up with this car, but i love it too much to let it go. any help is appriciated (would a vacuum leek cause such a problem?)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Elepdito

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElepditoSend a Private Message to ElepditoDirect Link to This Post
Yes you definitely need to check your o2 sensor and or IAC valve. It would be best to clean the IAC and most likely just replace the o2 sensor.
Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
Try calling up the trouble codes from your ALCL connector behind the cig liter. IAC and O2 sensors will usually show high and low voltage readings in hard codes.
O2 circuit or sensor fault = code 13
TPS circuit or sensor fault = code 21 & 22
IAC circuit and sensor fault = CODE 35
Jeff Smith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff SmithSend a Private Message to Jeff SmithDirect Link to This Post
Had same symptoms with my 84 - pull the codes more than likely it is a faulty O2 sensor.
Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
If you take out the IAC for cleaning, be sure to check the pintle dimension and adjust it to 28mm (1 1/8"). That will affect your minimum air rate and the idle. TPS should be rechecked after the IAC. After a visual inspection of vacuum lines and EGR, a vacuum gauge the trouble codes would be the best place to start looking for your drivability problems.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock