3.1 Oil Sending Question by FieroPilot
Started on: 12-13-2003 10:19 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Electrathon on 12-13-2003 10:28 PM
FieroPilot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post

On the 3.1 block, where the oil filter screws in is an extra 'thingy' that puts the oil sending unit into a different position. Now, without this 'thingy' the sending unit could be put into the same position as the 2.8 and wouldn't need an adapter. Can this 'thingy' be removed. It doesn't have a bolt but just the opposite.....if I put a bolt in backwards it'll fit into the hex hole that looks as though it is what is holding it in. Anyone know what I am talking about?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The oil filter adapters are differant on many of the GM engines, depending on the model of car the engine is from. Yes, remove the one off the doner block and replace it with the one off the Fiero block. It does unthread.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock