Started on: 12-13-2003 12:44 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Oreif on 12-13-2003 12:44 PM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
look at the circle in the pic... is the throttle cable 'peg' part supposed to be behind the 'arm' connected to the butterfly rod??

I know I can't describe this well, I'm a carb newbie...

Ok, well I see that the throttle cable connects to the big hole just above the bottom of the blue circle with those components I don't have yet So then whats the deal with that peg, does it just go along for the ride?

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 12-13-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
What the hell is that thing? Glad cars dont have those anymore. I wish I knew more about carbs so I could help you, but instead I'll just make dumb comments in your thread. Sorry.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Also, this may be aimed more towards Oreif..

Rather than the pricey Jegs bracket, something simple such as this should work just as well, no??

I'm using a 4spd, so the kickdown part of it isn't needed.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
First, The arm you've circled is for the old style trans kick-down cable. (Not the TV cable used on Fiero auto transmissions) There should have been a small bracket, a small spring, and an adjustment screw for it. It really doesn't matter because you won't use it, but I'd figure I'd let you know.

As for the bracket, That might work. It depends on it's distance from the throttle lever. The Jegs is adjustable, If I get a chance, I'll measure the distance required on my car Saturday afternoon. If the distance is the same, that will work. The brackets that come with the Edelbrock intake will work for just the throttle cable too. They are adjustable. I didn't use them because it was a tight fit with the TV cable bracket so I went with the Jegs version.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Take those plugs off of the float bowl vents before you use it or you'll have some problems...

------------------

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2003 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a Holley 1850, a generic 650CFM carb with vacuum secondaries. They came with an assortment of fittings on the linkages to facilitate installation on different vehicles.

JazzMan

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

What the hell is that thing?

It's a calibrated fuel leak.

J/K. Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Actually I have fond memories of carbs, although I preferred Q-Jets and Carter AFBs.
I think I still even have a Holley like that, except it's in a box in a bunch of pieces.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-13-2003).]

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Jncomutt,

Where did you get that bracket?

Did it fit on the carb?

I have a 4-speed too.

------------------
Arn Brown, 1985 Fiero GT, 15.474 ET stock
Mods underway.

donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2003 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Morosso also sells an adjustable throttle bracket. Neat idea as you can "adjust" out any stretch in the throttle cable.

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2003 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
OK, I measured from the bracket to the center of where the throttle cable mounts to and it is exactly 7.00". So use a bolt and mount the bracket then measure.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock