Loud Hissing by CRNF2
Started on: 12-12-2003 12:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: GTDude on 12-12-2003 12:47 PM
CRNF2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CRNF2Click Here to visit CRNF2's HomePageSend a Private Message to CRNF2Direct Link to This Post
hey guys im not really positive what this is but when i start up the car it makes a really loud hissing sound.... what could this be??? a vaccuum leak?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Let me guess, you have a cold air intake? It's perfectly normal, what you hear is the Idle air control valve opening to bring up the idle for warm up mode. Normally the air filter and assembly muffles the sound down enough that you won't hear it.
CRNF2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CRNF2Click Here to visit CRNF2's HomePageSend a Private Message to CRNF2Direct Link to This Post
no man its a stock engine nothing to it.... its a really loud hissing from the engine that i know isnt supposed to be there.... i mean REALLY loud.... oh i got the v6 86 SE if that helps at all
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2003 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
LOL.......check the rubber intake tube from the air filter to the throttle body for a crack./hole or the metal tube on the back side being loose. Just a guess...but an educated one.

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd

If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock