4.9 engine management questions.... by Flyguyeddy
Started on: 12-07-2003 10:54 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: PBJ on 12-07-2003 11:06 AM
Flyguyeddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
can the TPI setup from a camaro be adapted to the 4.9? if i was to do this, i would have a custom upper intake with an allante lower, and have the tpi thtrottle body on it. does the tpi computers have controls for electronid transmissions? or would i have to be stuck with either a 5 speed or the 4t60? anyone have any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2003 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Our 4.9 is running on the 730 ecm, it does not have electronic trans capabilites so we are running with a 4T60. The sensors are the same, idle is different then caddy, you will need an IAC instead. Rockcrawl origninally set his up this way before more work was done on the caddy ecm. Here is a pic of Rockcrawls engine with the set up you may be thinking about.

If you check out his web site you will find more info. Including the custom PROM required to run the 4.9 on a 730 ecm www.fieroaddiction.com

Pete

------------------

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock