quad 4 performance products any ideas. by 87fierosyder
Started on: 12-03-2003 12:14 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 87fierosyder on 12-04-2003 08:37 AM
87fierosyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fierosyderClick Here to visit 87fierosyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87fierosyderDirect Link to This Post
I am trying to get more power out of my quad 4. Wondering if any one has any sugestions besides an engine swap.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
There are companies that make turbos for those engines as well as many other hop up parts like headers, higher comp. pistons, etc. Do a search on the net and i'm sure you'll come up with some. You could also start browsing forums for cars that originally came with the quad engines. Like here, there will be many who have moded their cars and information about where to go for those parts.

------------------

Activities Director N.I.F.E.

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Try Beretta.nets forums. Should be lots of good info on there as, IIRC, all the GTZs came with the Quad4 and the Z26.
CaddyRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaddyRobClick Here to visit CaddyRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaddyRobDirect Link to This Post
Check out www.Mantapart.com they are very reputable and make many parts for that engine.

Later;

[This message has been edited by CaddyRob (edited 12-03-2003).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
best thing to do is trade me that quad4 for one of my v6 85GT's ive got an automatic and a stick shift.

what body style is your quad4 fiero?

i always wanted a quad4 in my fiero, 30-40MPG highway and very good weight balance.

matthew

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

There are companies that make turbos for those engines as well as many other hop up parts like headers, higher comp. pistons, etc. Do a search on the net and i'm sure you'll come up with some. You could also start browsing forums for cars that originally came with the quad engines. Like here, there will be many who have moded their cars and information about where to go for those parts.

There are absolutly no companies that make any turbo kit or headers for a quad 4. Your options are limited if you already have an HO motor. If you dont have an HO, the best thing to do is convert to one. For quad 4 performance, mantapart is the place to go, they cost alot though. Lightened flywheels, ported 91 ho exhaust manifolds, w41 cams, ported exhaust side of the head are about all the options you have NA. Many have turboed their 2.3 however. Checkout www.quad4forums.com or the yahoo group quadfourm <spelt wrong on purpose. Feel free to email me at p8ntman24@hotmail.com for more q4 info. I own one of 204 w41 calais.

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post

p8ntman442

1747 posts
Member since Sep 2003
just to clarify my above post, there are turbo/sc kits and headers for the 2.4, but that is the twin cam not the quad 4. Many call it the quad 4 however.
bryson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I choose not to deal with mantapart because of their prices. If you already have a H.O. then W41 cams might be a good idea. I had Engle custom grind me some cams for my application. Speaking of the W41, they had a different chip in the ECU and a popular mod is to find a W41 chip. Also, someone on the forum put a 3.4 DOHC throttle body on his Quad (a modification I hope to do soon). Here is a link to my turbo build. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/040182.html I should (hopefully) have it running within a month or two. The Quad4 has tons of potential for power, but 850cc injectors are going to sacrifice alot in the way of fuel economy (the TEC3 will help though). Anyway, a cold-air intake and a nice exhaust system should put you close to the 190hp mark if you have a H.O. to begin with. If you have a W41 (or W41 cams and chip), then you could probably pass 200. Have fun!
--Bryson

------------------
88 Fiero GT Quad4 Turbo...It has begun
88 VW GTI 16v ($300 driver/autox MACHINE!)
90 Olds Calais International H.O. (donor car)
88 Fiero Formula (parts car)

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:

just to clarify my above post, there are turbo/sc kits and headers for the 2.4, but that is the twin cam not the quad 4. Many call it the quad 4 however.

Ah, my bad. I had seen them called quad 4's and seen turbos for them so i assumed they were the same.

For the original poster; you might want to email Standard. He has a really nice quad 4 in his Fiero. I'm suprised he hasn't piped in this thread yet. He was pretty knowledgable about them. Come to think of it, i haven't seen him post in a while or at any of the shows this year. Anyone know where he is?

87fierosyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fierosyderClick Here to visit 87fierosyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87fierosyderDirect Link to This Post
I converted mine to a convertible. No I am not willing to give it up sorry.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock