Engine Flush by Bruce
Started on: 12-02-2003 06:35 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: ManiMack on 12-02-2003 08:41 PM
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceClick Here to Email BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
Which motor flush do you guys recommend, if any? I've seen Marvel Mystery Oil and Gunk mentioned, but I didn't want to put anything in my car that had a questionable cleaning chemical base.
Thanks.
b
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive done 2 things with success. One is to put a quart of transmission fluid in when its a quart low and change the oil and filter after 50-100 miles of driving. I have also drained the oil, put in kerosene and cranked it over a few times for a few seconds each, and draining it, then putting in fresh oil and filter. My engine in the GT40 is pretty sludgy, think im going to do the kerosene thing before I put it away for the next month.
Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
What is it about the V6 that make's it such a sludged up mess. I have three & they are absolutely black inside. Even have carbon buildup on the pushrods & valve train. When I dropped the oil pans on both Dukie and My wife's coupe, the bottom end was clean and bright like new. The wife's has 114,000 mile & Dukie has 70,000.

[This message has been edited by Gordo (edited 12-02-2003).]

ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackClick Here to Email ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

What is it about the V6 that make's it such a sludged up mess.[This message has been edited by Gordo (edited 12-02-2003).]

If everyone used a quality synthetic and filter this isn't a problum.... Its one area that can't be cheaped out in.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock