Car is running weird, hmmmm..... by 85seNUT
Started on: 12-01-2003 10:45 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fierofetish on 12-02-2003 05:13 PM
85seNUT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85seNUTSend a Private Message to 85seNUTDirect Link to This Post
It just started all of a sudden. I have practically no power when i try to accelerate. I can cruise at freeway spreeds and any other cruising speeds its just it takes me to barely push the pedal down to get it to those speeds. The car sounds fiind until it hits about 3,000 rpm's then it starts to sound really weird like its trying really hard but nothing is coming out of it. It was also stumbles and stuff like that. I checked the intake to see if it was choaking to death but it was fine. I think it might be the plugs, or the cap. kinda sounds like their not all firing. its a v6 byt the way, 4spd manual. and to top everything off right when i pulled into my driveway at school the brakes went out, they just got really hard all of a sudden and the pedal barely moved and it takes forever to stop. i check the fluid, its fine. what could have done this. thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
I just went thru the same thing with my 87 2m4 and it turned out to be a bad plug wire. Inspect them first, then try ignition module. would be my two guesses at this point.

------------------

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieroshttp://www.centralfloridafieros.com
Will entertain for SIG! Photoshop Challenged. Only you can help stop Text Sig's!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
You might also have a clogged cat or muffler. Crawl underneath, and hit the cat...see if it sounds like the internals are loose on it...it will rattle if it's bad. Not sure about the brakes...I was going to say that it might be a bad vacuum booster, but as I sit here, I can't for the life of me remember if there's a conventional vacuum booster on a Fiero or not, and my car isn't here to check. I had a Shelby Mustang that had that same problem, though, and what it turned out to be was a ruptured diaphragm in the vacuum booster.

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

85seNUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85seNUTSend a Private Message to 85seNUTDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys i will try both suggestions in the morning. anyone else have a clue?
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2003 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The brake problem is almost certainly a vacuum leak between the inlet manifold and the diaphram in the servo.If everything in the brakes is working ok, you can hear a slight difference in the engine speed when idling if you put the brakes on, because it momentarily reduces the vacuum in the inlet manifold.Chilton's list under hard brake problems that the servo check valve could be suspect.There is also a power brake booster filter not far along the vacuum hose from the engine...hope some of these help!!
fierofetish

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock