finishing up my sub box , some pics. by Boricuasoy
Started on: 11-28-2003 02:04 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: lemonicegt on 11-30-2003 08:03 AM
Boricuasoy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
well here are some pics of my sub box. i have been using it like this for like 4 month and im tired of looking at it this way, so today im going to make it look good " i hope" i got some gray vinyl that matches my interior so im going to cover it real nice i hope i got enough, my camera betteries ran out so im going to the store once im done with the laying down of some bondo to smooth down the screews and fill in some gaps, so to be continued in an hour.

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
well got the batteryes and the bondo down heres one more pic before i get on sanding

fierohutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohutchSend a Private Message to fierohutchDirect Link to This Post
hey dude, the sub box looks cool. good job on that.

Can you check your PMs for me PLLLEEAASEE. =) i asked a few questions about the 150 speedo swap, i am gonna try this but i can't figured out a few things thanks

hutch

------------------

Proud Owner of a Black 86 2M6!
Guess What.....I joined NIFE!
AIM: Hutchmyster85

Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
here it is after some sanding and geting readi to get covered by that vinyl in the back ground
lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtDirect Link to This Post
If you are concerned about good sound quality you may want to redo the piece that mounts neat the firewall......being all wavy like that could make the sub not sound as good as it should......if you dont care then good job
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Smoothing the edges before upholstering might make it look even better. This is what I did:

I have a 8" sub, what are you putting in there? I also removed the ecm behind the driverseat.
lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtDirect Link to This Post
Do you have plans on how to make those sub boxes? I might make on out of fiberglass over the winter while our fiero is out of commission. Thanks!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lemonicegt:

Do you have plans on how to make those sub boxes? I might make on out of fiberglass over the winter while our fiero is out of commission. Thanks!

I made my box years ago, I think I lost the notes....(I will check that).I testfitted many many times in/out the car. There are no straight angles which makes it more difficult. But it is so tight now it isn't even mounted to the car! When I start doing the interior I might make a new box, more rounded. Still in MDF but finished in fiberglass and some fancy paint...

sorry, I didn't want to hijack this thread

Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
the reason behind that waybe and ugly back of the speaker box is that is molded to the chape of the wiering and firewall of the car to get the most out of the air space and alow the box to be closer to the fire wallpanel and away from the elbow.
when it comes to how this sub box sound i dont think it can sound any better the cubic air volume of the box was match to the speaker i have had the speaker in that box for like six month and every one agrees that it sound awsome,
some pics up date coming later today kind of messed up the vinyl wile stretching it.
if anybody got some advice on streetching the vinnyl plz help.

Originally posted by Boricuasoy:

Quickster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Ya' know, I built my sub box into the existing "console", and moved the ECM 90o, from the firewall, (vertically) to under the console, (horizontally) (Under Your Forearm). It was relatively easy and dosen't cost anything and dosen't require wire splicing or any real mods and you keep the same appearance! The Sub-Speaker is a "Kicker Square" Solobaric 7" that fits perfectly inside the "glove box" and looks "Proper" as it is square, matching the shape of the console and requires little space as compared to other brands.
lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtDirect Link to This Post
If you are stretching vinyl it helps to heat it up slightly (hairdryer will work) so it makes it a little more loose and easy to work with.....then just wrap it under and staple it on the backside and it should work just fine......i dont know how anyone else does it but that seems like one of the easier/better ways IMO
PFF
System Bot
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
well i finaly finished it. it does not look as good as i wanted to but it will do for now ill make a better box later.

this are the hard spots corners and joints. allot of pulling staples and spray glue.

if your going to do this ask a friend to help you, 4 hand are way better than 2, may be tonight but defenetly tomorrow il intall it in the car. ill take a snap shot of how it looks.

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
i think it looks very nice! as for the "wavy back" hurting sound, no way. if anything it will make it better. the reason is two-fold. first fiberglass is much stronger when it's curvy like that compared to flat.
second the sound waves will be reflected in many directions inside the box and wont create any strong interference(no standing waves) and whatever vibration you might have from that wavy back(there shouldnt be much because of the first reason i posted) will also be less likely to form standing waves.
again, looks great, even the "tough" areas look very good
FieroAudio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAudioSend a Private Message to FieroAudioDirect Link to This Post
Fierce is very right.

What I really like about your console box is that you counter-sink the sub. Most people forget this part and it makes a world of difference, doesnt it?

Good job!

lemonicegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lemonicegtSend a Private Message to lemonicegtDirect Link to This Post
so is anyone going to tell me how to make one or what? :-d

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock