Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Got new tranny and clutch put in today!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Got new tranny and clutch put in today!!! by 85GTFiero
Started on: 11-28-2003 01:20 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: GT86 on 11-28-2003 03:40 AM
85GTFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTFieroSend a Private Message to 85GTFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finaly got the new rebuilt transmission and the new clutch and pressure plate in. Man that tranny shifts like butter!!!! I put synthetic 10w-30 in it, and I'll run it with that for a week or so and then drain it and put some of that syncro mesh you all have been raving about in it. But man, it is awesome now.
I ended up going with a Saches (sp?) Clutch. It was only $115 for the clutch, pp, and bearing through work, so I went the cheap way for now. I get a good one when I drop the DOHC in it. This one seems to hold all right though, for now.
Sure wish I'd replaced the mounts though. Now that the clutch holds good, I can really feel the motor and tranny moving when I get on it hard. Oh well.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2003 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I got quoted almost $1200 to have my clutch replaced. I had never done one before, but to save that much money, I grabbed the manuals and tools and got to work. It's really not that hard. Also replaced the rear main seal, flywheel, mounts, axle seals, and driveaxles.

You can replace the mounts fairly easily. Best price I found was at NAPA. $11 for each of the two tranny mounts, and $14 for the engine mount. The most expensive was the dogbone, replaced it with a Fiero Store version.

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock