Started on: 11-18-2003 02:44 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: ditch on 12-05-2003 01:07 PM
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
Ok, this only happens when I'm taking off in first gear (5spd V6). I start letting the clutch out and pushing the gas in at the same time, and sometimes (most of the time)the gas pedal goes in (about 1/4 throttle) for some reason. I mean, I can actually feel it move away from my foot as if it's being pulled in. I take my foot away and it imediately comes back where it should be. As I said, it only does this when I'm taking off from a stop
any ideas?

already checked the throttle body and the throttle cable looks good...spring is nice and taught

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Slater_334

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
cruise control?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked your foot?
Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like the cruise module servo might be malfunctioning... I'd yank the power to it, and see if it goes away...

Yeesh... Electrical gremlins? In a Fiero!?!

Time for my next swap: To a Lucas positive Ground electrical system!

ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Have you checked your foot?

going to have another look under the hood, if I don't find anything, I'll check out my foot

car doesn't have cruise control

stuartlowery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2003 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
Check the throttle return spring. As air starts flowing past the butterfly valve in the throttlebody it can actually push it more open. If your return spring is broken, missing, or weak this can happen. Add a stronger spring to it and you'll be satisfied.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
worn or broken motor mount? Excess engine movement could be pulling the cable.

------------------

ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
thought I'd update this one....I figured out what was going on...the clutch cables run (or used to run, I've moved them) pretty close to the TB, so when I was releasing the clutch the cable was pushing on the TB a bit...in my case, it was opening the throttle somewhat

I wasn't cool when my gas pedal was "magically" going down away from my foot...had me freaked for a bit

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Clutch cables??? The Fiero has a hydraulic clutch. No cable(s).
ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Clutch cables??? The Fiero has a hydraulic clutch. No cable(s).

I meant the cables going from the shifter to the tranny...sorry about that

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Is this an Isuzu tranny on a V6? The cables will interfere with the TB in that situation.
PFF
System Bot
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
Do Fieros have an automatic choke? If so, it may be stuck during warm-up
ditch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Is this an Isuzu tranny on a V6? The cables will interfere with the TB in that situation.

Yeah, it's an Isuzu. My car is kind of pieced together. It was an 87 coupe with 4cyl/5speed originally. Now it has a V6 from an 85GT and an Isuzu 5spd from a Grand Am (I think it was a Grand Am).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock