Started on: 11-25-2003 03:50 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fierofetish on 11-25-2003 06:30 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2003 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Having just fitted new seats in my 86 GT, I want to change the upholstery on my passenger seat fot the damaged drivers seat in my wife's 88 L4. I have managed to undo everything except fotr the ties that keep the seams in the seats attached to the bars that keep it tensioned...are there any threads or information available to show how it is done?
Thanks
Fierofetish
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
First of all, if you only have to do the bottom part of the seat they are interchangable- you just have to move the pivot clip over to the other side. To remove the rods that you speak about - the rods are held into frame by some metal rings (hog rings). Cut the rings and slide the rods out.

------------------

SC3800

Stinkin_V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stinkin_V8Send a Private Message to Stinkin_V8Direct Link to This Post
BTW - when you go to replace those hog rings, you can pick up hog ring pliers and hog rings for pretty cheap at your local upholstery shop or even a farm kind of store. Yes, they actually use hog rings for another purpose - on hogs! Go figure.

The pliers will be worth the couple of bucks you spend on them, they make the job a lot easier.

------------------

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i have used hog ring pliers before, and after using the ones that Mr Mike sends with his kit i'll never use anything else.
might try to find some like his.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2003 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great replies, everyone.Much appreciated!!
FF

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock