V6 manifold stainless? by 85GTFiero
Started on: 11-23-2003 10:50 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Slater_334 on 11-24-2003 01:14 AM
85GTFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTFieroSend a Private Message to 85GTFieroDirect Link to This Post
Is the V6 exhaust manifold stainless? I just noticed a small crack in one, and was thinking of welding it, but now thinking I remember that they are stainless.
Any other ways to fix it? Only has to last less than a year till I do my swap. Or maybe I'll just let it go.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2003 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yes, they're stainless. The alloy is a 4xx IIRC, but don't remember the specifics. You'll need to use a stainless or high-nickel filler.

JazzMan

ItsD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ItsDSend a Private Message to ItsDDirect Link to This Post
If the manifolds are stainless then why do they rust? And, when I ported mine the metal seemed fairly soft compared to stainless.
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
there are different kinds of stainless steel. just b/c its stainless dose not mean it cant rust. look at boat parts. many of the metal boat parts are stainless but they still rust.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock