Started on: 11-22-2003 03:53 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Bradbitz11 on 11-23-2003 01:36 PM
derangedsheep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Circled in red.

It's kind of loose, like its supposed to be bolted into something. I don't know what it does. Can I take it out?

------------------

87 GT Auto: New Ignition System, New Stereo System, New Radiator. Needs rear tie-rods to pass inspection.
AIM: derangedsheep | email: elcodjsteveo@comcast.net
SUPPORTING MEMBER

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I took them out because they were hanging loose too... They're some kind of bumper thingies I guess...
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Supports.

Do you need the "liner" behind that support in the pic? I have only the supports, honeycomb, bumper, and wheel wells (I will be putting my bumper back on after going bumperless for 3 months (accident). I'm going to make new wheelwell mounting pieces (The triangle that is stapled onto the wheelwell for the nose to attach to. So do I need the "liner" that is seen behind the circled support in this pic?

------------------

86 GT -- All Options except Performance Sound

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

Do you need the "liner" behind that support in the pic?

yeah, i was planning on keeping my car mostly stock. and with my luck, if i took that out, my engine would blow up or something.

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
You do not need them anymore. They were there for the "old fashion" style tow trucks, That system is no longer used, tow trucks lift on the tires now. You can get rid of them.

Pete

------------------

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
So, do I need that "Wheelwell" type liner shown in the pic, effectively sealing off the inside of the bumper from who knows what?

[EDIT: How did these help the "old-fashioned" tow trucks?]

[This message has been edited by Bradbitz11 (edited 11-22-2003).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradbitz11:

Supports.

Do you need the "liner" behind that support in the pic? I have only the supports, honeycomb, bumper, and wheel wells (I will be putting my bumper back on after going bumperless for 3 months (accident). I'm going to make new wheelwell mounting pieces (The triangle that is stapled onto the wheelwell for the nose to attach to. So do I need the "liner" that is seen behind the circled support in this pic?

Not sure on how much you need those liners, they are actually radiator baffles, they help direct a constant stream of airflow through the radiator.

Of course having them there helps airflow through the rad resulting in better cooling, but I have seen plenty of Fiero's running around here without them not exhibiting any over heating issues.

I see in your profile you are in MI, your enviroment is probably much like here, now if you lived farther south like AZ, or FL, etc, it might be a good idea to have those baffles in place.

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jelly2m8:

Not sure on how much you need those liners, they are actually radiator baffles, they help direct a constant stream of airflow through the radiator.

Of course having them there helps airflow through the rad resulting in better cooling, but I have seen plenty of Fiero's running around here without them not exhibiting any over heating issues.

I see in your profile you are in MI, your enviroment is probably much like here, now if you lived farther south like AZ, or FL, etc, it might be a good idea to have those baffles in place.

Cool. Thanks for the input! I'd + you if I already hadn't.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock