Dash lights by carlstadt
Started on: 11-22-2003 02:46 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Fie Ro on 11-23-2003 12:39 PM
carlstadt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carlstadtSend a Private Message to carlstadtDirect Link to This Post

My dash lights were on then they went off, they went on next time I used them now they are off and won't go on. I read in Ogre's cave about the dmmer wheel and transistor w/heat sink. I found the wheel but where is the transister, what do I have to take apart to get to it? I know it's to the right of the steering column, but I can't find it. Anyone know where it is or how to get my dash lights on? Thanks

------------------

86 FIERO V6 4SPD SE
94 JIMMY 4.3L V6

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carlstadt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carlstadtSend a Private Message to carlstadtDirect Link to This Post
Anyone?

Thanks BILL

carlstadt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carlstadtSend a Private Message to carlstadtDirect Link to This Post

carlstadt

51 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Anyone?

Thanks BILL

GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
I do know that the wheel is a reostat, which is I think a variable resistor...I bet it is bad or concacts might need cleaning with alcohol.

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The wheel is just a variable input to the transistor which does all the real dimming. The transistor is located under the dash to the right of the column. It has a huge heatsink on it, (fins) and its hard to miss.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001
I guess I should mention that you have to remove the lower dash panel before you can see the transistor.
chameleogaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chameleogazSend a Private Message to chameleogazDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked the fuse(s)? I think the interior lights, power mirrors, and a few other things are on the same fuse.

-Jeff

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Now I know what that heatsink is for!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock