Greetings to all. This is another attempt to obtaining some info that will help me correct the problem with my 86 SE, 2.8. I can't get the rpms below 1400. I have done the following:
1. Tested the PCV
2. Tested and cleaned the EGR.
3. Removed and inspected the EGR tube for cracks (including hairline).
4. Replaced all of the EGR gaskets.
5. Removed TB and cleaned thoroughly with TB cleaner. Also removed the IAC valve from the TB and cleaned out where it goes mounted.
6. Removed the Air Plenum and checked all vacuum hoses/lines underneath it for cracks.
7. Replaced the TPS.
8. Replaced the O2 sensor.
9. Replaced the solenoid located on the passenger side in the engine compartment next to the thermostat housing. This eliminated the 32 SES code I was getting.
10. Replaced the MAP sensor.
11. Tested and inspected the Evaporative Emmissions Control Canister.
12. Replaced the coolant temp sensor.
The only sensor I have not replaced is the one located in the air filter canister and I have not replaced the IAC. Can anyone tell me if either one of these is defective would cause a high rpm? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.