Injectors for 2.8 turbo by spearce
Started on: 11-17-2003 02:03 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: spearce on 11-20-2003 10:17 PM
spearce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
I've been searching the forum for some advice on which injectors to use for my 2.8 turbo project and have decided that 24# injectors are the safest route ( from this this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/040638.html

Now the big question is, on which motor would i find 24# injectors that will fit the Fiero fuel rail and manifold?

Steve

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Lucas sells a disk type injector that is a 24#. They will fit, but I can't remember if they have a space for the fuel rail locking rings. CHeck out Summit, I think they sell Accel 24# in sets of 8.
BTW MAKE SURE they are high resistance NOT peak and hold.......Paul
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post
(cut and pasted from my reply in the Gen. Chat thread)

A cheap way to go with bigger injectors would be the stock Mustang 5.0L pintle style 19# injectors. They are available at anywhere from eBay to Summit Racing for reasonable prices.
I think Ford Motorsports sells a 24# injector too (stock on the 1st gen Cobra I think) if you are definately set on that big of an injector.

The Mustang 5.0L injectors fit fine as the connectors and housings are the same Bosch pintle style as the Fiero. There are a number of people on here that are running the 19# ones I think. Be aware that you might need a recalibrated PROM chip to enable the computer to be able to control big injectors though....

Ken S.

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ken
I think I need the bigger injectors since I've done a port and polish on the heads, intake and exhaust manifolds, as well I'm using 1.6 full roller rockers and custom ground Crower Turbo cam plus the turbo (10psi). Programing a custom chip has been in the plans all along. I was going to us 19# injectors but after reading the thread started by Lord Boost, I believe that 24# is the way to go. I don't want to lean out at 6000rpm.

I think the 3.4 TDC has 21# injectors. Would these work?

Steve

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
I have been following a couple of threads on injector sizing trying to figure out what would be appropriate for my 2.8 turbo project. what would you recommend for the following?

2.8L
ported and polished heads, intake and exhaust
1.6 ration full roller rockers
custom Crower turbo cam .050 duration intake 218 deg echaust 212, 114deg lobe separation, lobe lift intake .280 exhaust .270
turbo @ 10psi.

It looks to me that I need 24# injectors, however if I used 21# injectors, at 10psi boost the fuel pressure will be 53.5 psi and 21# injectors will put out 24#'s

I have the equipment and software to reprogram chips just lack the knowledge, but I have a mechanic who has the knowledge and a dyno

Steve

[This message has been edited by spearce (edited 11-19-2003).]

vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
take the flow rate IE 32lbs
divide by .5 = 64
multiply time no of cylinders 6 x 64
the result is 384 hp at 100% duty cycle
or better yet 307 hp at a longer life 80%

this is pretty basic stuff that you can search for...
I'm hoping you wiil do some other inportant research before you spend a pile of $$

just to get you started
http://www.turbofast.com.au/javacalc.html

------------------
84 Fiero Turbo Vortec 4300 Phantom GT
L35 block, Syclone Intake and ECM T04B H3 Turbo
www.cardomain.com/id/vortecfiero
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Ford 24# injectors will fit. They're blue.

[This message has been edited by Howard_Sacks (edited 11-19-2003).]

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Vortec, I've had that site bookmarked for a while now as well as the Holley site. I guessthe question is do you think i will make that much Hp to require 32# injetors

Steve

spearce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spearceClick Here to visit spearce's HomePageSend a Private Message to spearceDirect Link to This Post

spearce

257 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Thanks Howard for the info on the Ford 24# injectors

Steve

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay