Well the other night, I was driving down the freeway when all of a sudden, I notice a loss of power....like a small chug. Its just a little teeny kick but then I see my check engine light on and look in my rear view mirror to see in horror, sparks coming out the back of my precious baby. Well......the battery cable had melted through the heat shield under the exhaust manifold and it was sparkin up the place. (a paperclip now holds my car "together"
) So here is my question, I noticed then when I would feel a power drop, that my Tach would suddenly work, and it has never worked to my knowledge. Would somehow when the batter hit the metal, grounded something and made it start to work? It would only work for less than a second at most, then drop back to 0, but it worked somehow. Also, a little FYI on my car. My exhaust manifold in the past has heated up and melted plugs and connectors in the area around it....possibly scrambling some connections (don't know if this'll help with a conclusion, but ya never know). Thanks.
Practice makes perfect, but since nobody's perfect, why practice?
If life gives you lemons, take them and throw them at people you hate.