How long will it last on 100hp shot by JoeLutz
Started on: 11-16-2003 11:02 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Alex4mula on 11-18-2003 02:32 AM
JoeLutz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JoeLutzClick Here to visit JoeLutz's HomePageSend a Private Message to JoeLutzDirect Link to This Post
How long will my stock 120k mile 2.8 last on a 100hp wet shot of laughing gas?
Stock everything.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
that old saying "Dont hold your breath" well that wount apply here. By the time you turn blue it will have blown.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Hard to say but I have $5 in Vegas saying less than 5 bottles.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I think the ods are in just one bottle. 1 tenth 2 tenths, 3 tenths and so on
Bids start at $2.00
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
The thing is that no one here really knows. How good it is now? How is its compression? How it was cared? I bought my yellow one with 117K miles and now has near 124K. I have used 3-4 bottles with a 75HP shot. Car runs great. Soon I'll jump to the 100Hp shot. I don't expect too much difference. But of course I have a spare engine and this is not my daily driver

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

JoeLutz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JoeLutzClick Here to visit JoeLutz's HomePageSend a Private Message to JoeLutzDirect Link to This Post
This is not my daily driver either. I just want an excuss to do and engine swap and a buddy of mine has a kit with half a bottle. We were thinking about doing a monster garage style quicky install and taking it to Farmington this Friday.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
"Earth to plenum...? Earth to plenum...?"
Mighty Mouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mighty MouseSend a Private Message to Mighty MouseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JoeLutz:

This is not my daily driver either. I just want an excuss to do and engine swap and a buddy of mine has a kit with half a bottle. We were thinking about doing a monster garage style quicky install and taking it to Farmington this Friday.

In that case, go for it Joe!! And don't forget forget to spin it up into the red.

Seriously, though, is this one of the new style systems that that gradually feeds in the nitrous so you do not shock the system, or is it one of the ald fasion all or nothing? If it's just an all or nothing type system, it will likely turn that motor into a boat anchor in a hurry.

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone acutally determined what size jet is how much HP on a fiero yet. I remember when I was asking about it people were telling me like a .030 was a 50 hp shot and risky, but i have been using a .040 jet dry and have used close to a dozen bottles and compression is the same as it was when i started, runs great and doesnt smoke at all with just under 100k on it I got a .046 jet I have been thinking of trying but im kind of scared of that one lol

Kyle

------------------
1988 Formula 2M6 5 Speed - CRX Intake, NOS dry kit, ZEX Ejector Air Amplifier, Taylor Wires, NGK UR5 plugs, MSD 6AL Ignition /w 2 step rev control, MSD Blaster 3 coil, WCF dog bone, WCF engine mount, Autometer Ultra-Lite guages (A/F,Vac.), KYB GR2's, Sequential turn signals, Rapid 3rd brake light....
Recurring donator

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
If you do it, don't use the half bottle, fill it up first. Also, switch to a colder spark plug. If its a dry kit, cut out a bit of timing as well.

Other than risking it puddling up in the intake, you should be fine for 1 bottle.

One 10lb bottle with the 100shot jetting will only last for about a min and a half of full pressure spray...

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I agree on filing the bottle first to get full preasure. And if that engine was in normal condition I bet you will changing a lot of bottles before the engine
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock