Started on: 11-16-2003 10:15 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 11-17-2003 06:44 PM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
1. Fix the door handle that is broke?
2. Fix the door hinges, can I just replace the pins and bushings?
3. Replace the mirrors, the glass is missing on both sides?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
1) Skin the door, change the handle. 45 minutes.

2) Get bushings and pins for a 1st gen S-10 P/U from the dealer - shorten the upper pin by about 1/2" (measure yours first) to clear one of the Torx door skin fasteners. Allow yourself a good day if you haven't done it before.

3) Check the "Help!" rack at your local auto parts place. There's replacement mirrors there (same mirrors for certain years of F-bodies). Maybe 5 min's each side.

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd "FormulaGT"

My pages: http://www.fieroclub.com

http://www.fierohut.com

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
The door handle should not be too bad, I'll suggest getting the Chilton manual. You'll need not remove the door panell and the rest should be pretty straight forward.

The door hinge, depends on how bad they are, if is just the pins and bushings is not bad, but if the pins have "oblong" (spelling?) the hinge, you would need to drill the hinge and put a "bushing" there, like the inner part of the hinge. Then you would have 4 bushings per hinge not 2. I had to do that to my drivers door which was pretty bad but now it closes perfect. BTW for the hinge repair I had to take off my door to be able to remove the upper hinge.
Be really carefull if you remove the door, because it's much heavier than it looks.
try this link is was very helpfull to me http://spacecoastfieros.com/tech/hinge/index.html

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, a weekend project!
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Rodney has everything you need to do the door hinges. As well as many other hard to find items at very reasonable prices !!
http://www.rodneydickman.com/

Go to the EXTERIOR section for the door hinges.

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 11-17-2003).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Ya I found it and if that was the only thing I was going to buy it would have saved me $2.00. But I had to get alot of things from fierostore.com , I ended up getting just under $200 in misc. things. but thanks for the input.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock