Sub Boxes? by V8Guy427
Started on: 11-16-2003 10:48 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: jscott1 on 11-24-2003 02:12 AM
V8Guy427

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8Guy427Send a Private Message to V8Guy427Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone make custom Subwoofer boxes for fiero's? or anyone have any pics of custom installs?

-Chris

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceDirect Link to This Post
DS beat me to it, but Kent of PontiacSound made the one thats in my sig.

------------------

Website: www.FieroJuice.com. To order your own "SuperConsole": www.PontiacSound.com

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Theres mine, it was made by sqoach on the forum, but I dont think he does them anymore been in there for a year or two now. Some people always ask, aren't you afraid someone will kick it in? not really I dont let anyone ride in the car if they do I tell them to watch the speaker.

It's a 10 inch, may not seem like much, but I wouldn't want anymore in the car. I personally think it suites it awesome and can get more than enough bass for me

oh yeah the leg room loss isn't that bad, my friends 6'2 or 6'3 something like that and he doesn't mind it.

------------------
88 5spd Modified 3800 Series II SC Formula
Modifications/2004 - Intercooler 3.0 pulley, 1 inch drop, interior

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 11-16-2003).]

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
PM my partner in crime :P FierceGT with your specs of what you want. We make custom encolsures out of fiberglass.

Al

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
I got mine from Kent (http://www.pontiacsound.com or pontiacsound here on the forum) Here's a few pics of it with my 10" Pioneer. Looks and sounds great and was a real easy install

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

Wheels1

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
My set up.. Did it all myself. 2- 10" 800W
DVD with 7.2" LCD If you like & need pics of the install, LMK I have over 150 pic/W info.
Thanks, Chris. c1irsik1@swbell.net

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I have West Coast Fiero's sub box. I bought it w/o leather, just the basics. I'll fiberglass it later.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2003 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
grrr I like those behind the seats subs.. I'm almost wanting to get a pair, this is bad
85 Fiero 3.1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 Fiero 3.1Send a Private Message to 85 Fiero 3.1Direct Link to This Post
I also like Subs behind the seats until I realized you have to cut into the firewall. I know that is way beyond what I am able to do but isn't it also not a good idea? Don't know much about it (or anything) but I can't see this being a very good idea. Can someone explain to me why this is ok to do?

Thanks

pontiacsound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacsoundClick Here to visit pontiacsound's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacsoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wheels1:

My set up.. Did it all myself. 2- 10" 800W
DVD with 7.2" LCD If you like & need pics of the install, LMK I have over 150 pic/W info.
Thanks, Chris. c1irsik1@swbell.net

I believe I witnessed this setup at the 20th. very nice, hope we can bump heads agian this summer at shows, I have the GT tore down and the plans are getting very impressive, I think things will turn out nicely, just expect fiberglass work next year thats all you get :d

------------------
check out the site, www.pontiacsound.com

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 Fiero 3.1:

I also like Subs behind the seats until I realized you have to cut into the firewall. I know that is way beyond what I am able to do

You can add sub boxes without cutting the firewall, but you may end up with the steering wheel under your chin depending on the depth of the sub. You can cut a small area of firewall's sheet metal to allow room for the sub's magnet, just DON'T CUT the steel box channel behind the firewall, because that is what reinforces the firewall (not the other way around). It's not like the sub's magnet is sticking into the engine compartment, because you will have a sealed well for the magnet.

This allows you to build shallower sub boxes. At location I & II it is 3 inches from the FRONT of the console to the front of the sub-box. At location III it is 4 1/2 inches from the bolt center to the front of the sub-box. In the second photo you can see where the front of the sub box is relative to the seat belts on the side panels.

Step by step directions at my website in SIG below.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-22-2003).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
This is my custommade sub:

next year I will make a more rounded enclosure, like the curves of the seats, in fiberglass. It has a 8" Boston Acoustic sub for small enclosures. It sounds tight and clean.

------------------

updates on the GTR at PFF: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/038785.html http://members.lycos.nl/fierofiero/html/fiero.html
1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
im going to put 2-8" subs in my car, jut because i am going to have to make boxes and 10" subs are to big to fit in that space with me still in the car. i want o cut the firewall but my dad wont let me.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
pontiacsound: Thanks.. I did see you there, & I'm sure we will see each other soon. I plan on going to 4-5 shows in 04.

I have done 3 systems just like the one in my 88 formula. I have had the first set up for over 2 years & no problem. the pannel that you cut in the "fire wall" is a cover. All it does is cover a small free air space in front of the firewall.
Here are a few pics of the cut outs...
Every thing removed....

Pass. side cut out...

driver side cut out....

deadner applyed & sealed.....

Sub being prefitted.

Out of all my set ups, I only lost 2 3/4" behind the seat. The base of the seat will still slide ALL the way back & you lose about 2 3/8" to 2 3/4" in the back tilt. It is up to you on the size of the box. (cf= cubic feet of air space) Most subs, say 10" call for .6 to 1.0cf of space. I used pionner, they call for .6cf. That way I can use 1/2 the space & mount all my amps above the box.

I hope this helps... need more info just ask... Also Thanks! Chris.

[This message has been edited by Wheels1 (edited 11-23-2003).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of my old sub box. I used to make them but have a better design to go into production some day. A lot more cubic feet of air space. Just need time.

------------------

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
any of you guys wanna come put the firewall subs in for me
pontiacsound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacsoundClick Here to visit pontiacsound's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacsoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

whats something like that pay

------------------
check out the site, www.pontiacsound.com

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I'm guessing I'd be looking at a $2000 mark? with amp and 2 subs? like I said not sure.. but I'm willing to work on a price.

Might be a year down the road, want to do the intercooler for the 3800. The 10 incher upfront is nice, but I'd so love to have 2 12's in the car with the amp behind the passenger seat. I'd do the glove box, but I use that

I honestly dont feel comfortable cutting into the firewall, I'd rather pay someone that knows what they are doin

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 11-23-2003).]

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

When your ready... Call me. I will make you a great deal on the install... Just laid off of work 2 weeks ago, so I'm looking at doing alot of stuff on my own.

PM me for details....

Thanks, Chris.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Chris, I've heard your system and it's awesome, I just can't afford to lose even an inch of seat travel or tilt.

I am going to try to build some smaller subs into that firewall opening that are more or less flush. It doesn't look like a lot of volume so it may not sound any better than the 4x6 in the sail panels

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock