3800 Passkey Questions or lack there of by Cruz
Started on: 11-14-2003 02:06 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 11-14-2003 06:52 PM
Cruz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CruzClick Here to visit Cruz's HomePageSend a Private Message to CruzDirect Link to This Post
I need someone to eather comferm or deny that the 97-99 grand prix GTP OBD II computer did NOT use VATS or The Passkey system.......
Roumer has it that pontiac used a double sided key as a theft deturent....

some where in the back of my head I think that I read that there still was a "Little Black Box" that was needed to start the car...... any help would be great.
Thanks

------------------
Cruz
Build The Coolest of the cool and DRIVE it!!
87 GT T-top Auto
Gonna Wave At Ya Anyway

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I am running a 98 GTP set up and I used the passkey module. Just go out to the wreckers and find a 97 up GM car that has the key still with it that has the resistor on it and remove it and the passkey module up under the dash behind glove box and wire it into your car. The key is matched to the module not the PCM so as long as the key and module are out of the same car you are ok. On mine I got the key cylinder with it and mounted hole thing in trunk so I can remove the key for extra security. Dan
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I know for a fact that the 98 GTP used the PASS-KEY II system (also known as VATS). I am pretty sure that the 97 and 99 vehicles used the same.

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom GM Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | dtcc.cz28.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock