Started on: 11-12-2003 09:21 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: watts on 11-13-2003 10:23 AM
dguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Sifting through a few boxes of parts I purchased recently, and I've found a few electrical pieces who's function I'm not completely positive about. Any help would be appreciated.

First, I think the little white thing below is a horn relay?

Second, what on earth is this silver piece? I've never come across it before... If it's not legible in the photo, it has the numbers "10026005" and "5/2.5 MIN" stenciled on it.

Lastly, here is a photo of a wiper motor. I think it's from an '84, which if I recall correctly was the year where the delay wiper module (if equipped) was located elsewhere in the car's electronics, instead of in the wiper motor itself. Is there a way to tell other than pulling the case apart?

Thanks in advance!

------------------
-d.

1985 2M6 SE (his)
1984 2M4 (hers)

Ratings don't make the world go 'round, but they are nice to have. If you find what I have to say helpful, please click on that Rate this member link over to the left and give me a positive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Note to self: reduce image size next time before posting.
KlingonFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KlingonFieroClick Here to visit KlingonFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to KlingonFieroDirect Link to This Post
The "white thing" loks like the Horn relay to me.

The "silver thing" is the timer for the rear defroster.

I don't know about the wiper unit.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
If the wiper motor doesn't have circuit board under the plastic cover, as this one doesn't appear to have, then it's a non-pulse wiper motor. What year I don't know.

JazzMan

dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Damn you guys are fast... Thanks! +'s to both of you!
Michelhaugh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MichelhaughClick Here to visit Michelhaugh's HomePageSend a Private Message to MichelhaughDirect Link to This Post
If item #2 is the rear defrost timer, where is it located when installed. I need to replace one...
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
The defrost timer is screwed to the same frame member that the steering column is attached to. Right hand side, about half way up.

That white unit? I would have said rear hatch release relay... but I could be wrong...

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd "FormulaGT"

My pages: http://www.fieroclub.com

http://www.fierohut.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock