Duke needs a little belt.......me too by DaveL
Started on: 11-12-2003 07:29 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Phil on 11-12-2003 07:44 PM
DaveL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveLSend a Private Message to DaveLDirect Link to This Post
OK, I guess I'm finally gonna have to change out the serpentine belt on my 87 2.5. (with air) On a scale from 1 to 10, with one being something like an oil change, and 10 being like swapping a motor out, where would you put this task? How the heck do you do it? When I had the engine changed a couple of years ago, I had a new belt tensioner from the Fiero store put on, so it shouldn't be frozen up or anything.
I know you have to put some kind of wrench on the bolt in the center of the tensioner, but which way would you pry? Is there any certain order the belt should come off in? Sorry for the simple sounding questions, guess I'm just a simple kinda person....but I love my Fiero!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Belt is about a 0.5 on your scale. I think it's a 13m/m wrench- just twist it against the spring pressure, it will become appearent which way.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock