KONI by Fieroswede
Started on: 11-12-2003 09:53 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Howard_Sacks on 11-12-2003 04:57 PM
Fieroswede

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroswedeSend a Private Message to FieroswedeDirect Link to This Post
I might be rebuilding my suspension this winter and I have a question regarding this.

There seems to be two different types of KONI shocks. Yellow and Red. From what Iīve heard, the yellow ones are stiffer than the red ones. Is this true, and if so, which ones handle better on a normal road.

Thanks in advance!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
To my knowledge, only the Koni Reds are available for the Fiero, so it doesn't matter which is better.

If my info is inaccurate, someone please provide a vendor for both Konis! That would rock!

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen (or heard of) Koni Yellows installed on a Fiero... I have a set of Red ones installed on my GT - at full soft, the front is great for street driving, but the rear is too soft and needs to be tightened a bit (but with a couple of turns in the shock, it's great too).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello, west coast fieros uses the yellow Konis with coil overs on their race set up. its very expensive though. Norm.
Fieroswede

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroswedeSend a Private Message to FieroswedeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your replies. Thatīs all I needed to know.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of red Koni's in the front. Actually they're from my old crashed GT, but they still work great.
Although I heard some people have (adjustable) yellow Koni's in the back around here?!
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedDirect Link to This Post
While we are on the subject, I was thinking about going Eibach/Koni in front and stock spring/Koni in back. Reason, I want to give the car a forward lean. Any opinions on how this would handle?

John

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
There's no difference between "red" and "yellow" in general.

The difference is when they offer a "yellow" version for a car. That means it has firmer valving and usually is externally adjustable.

The fiero already has stiff valving and is externally adjustable in the rear. The front, even if externally adjustable, you'd need to take out to adjust so why have the additional cost?

Reds are fine. You'll be happy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock