Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  What is involved in relocating the coil pack , 3800SC?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What is involved in relocating the coil pack , 3800SC? by topcat
Started on: 11-11-2003 05:38 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: topcat on 11-11-2003 08:02 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 86GT with the 3800SC conversion completed already. the car runs great, but I do not like the coil pack against the firewall behind the supercharger pulley. I would like to move it over by the battery tray. How involved is it? Has anyone done it after the engine install was completed?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jg88gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jg88gtSend a Private Message to jg88gtDirect Link to This Post
Not a hard to do with motor in car I have moved ours twice to different locations. Have ours how in that location.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Did you have to lengthen any wires, move the C500... do you have any closeup pictures of how your harness is routed? I may do this as early as next weekend.
jg88gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jg88gtSend a Private Message to jg88gtDirect Link to This Post
I had to lengthen the wires and get new plug wires. Cut soldered then used heat srink covers over the solder splices. I will be home tomorrow think I may have a lengthen harnes from the coil pack if you want it. I'm planning to be in Charleston over the weekend need to go over to my boat and fix the heat and A/C. If you want it I'll bring it down with me, let me know. Richard
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
YES, I want it. Especially if it makes like a little easier. I iwll PM youwith my contact info.

Thanks

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock