ugh, now what by johneboy
Started on: 11-10-2003 02:11 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Street&Strip Performance on 11-10-2003 03:25 PM
johneboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johneboySend a Private Message to johneboyDirect Link to This Post
ok, so finally today i got some gas treatment, and octane booster, AND water remover stuff, and put it all in the tank...
started up... let it run for a while... sounded good... gave it some gas... still with the knock.... let it go some more.... tried again.. yep, still knocking... then after the second time giving it some gas, i heard the knocking at idle?? didnt hear the before.... opened the trunk, and noticed white smoke coming from the silver UFO looking thingy... plenum or something? anyway, i also heard this hissing sound coming from the right side... thought at first it was coming from the spark plug wire... plugged each one induvidually from the dis. and the hissing sound remained... gave it gas one more time... let it idle.... then it died to not start back up... im sure if i jumped it, i could get it going... but what the deal here?? any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
hissing could be a vacuum leak, did you knock a hose loose?

this knocking noise, is it by any chance your connecting rods?

------------------
'84 2m4 se, a work in progress http://www.mtsu.edu/~mkr2c/fiero.htm

Pyric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyricSend a Private Message to PyricDirect Link to This Post
not sure if this will help... but White smoke tends to be burning coolant.
Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Hissing is probably as said a damaged or not plugged in vacuum line. Check to make sure there are no holes in them and that they are connected securely. Also check the thermostat housing, make sure the cap is on tight or if it's sealing properly.

The silver UFO thing is I'm guessing the EGR. Why there would be white smoke coming from it is beyond me. Check your coolant lines to the throttle body and any coolant lines on the driver side.

[This message has been edited by Street&Strip Performance (edited 11-10-2003).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock