HELP...Fuel problem? by 84se-Stock
Started on: 11-10-2003 12:37 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 84se-Stock on 11-10-2003 03:29 PM
84se-Stock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I've had my fiero for 24 hours and already it's sitting in the garage at home with the decklid up and tools everywhere.

I was driving around town and then all of a sudden the car wouldn't respond when I give it gas and didn't even want to idle properly. When I try to give it even the slightest touch of gas the car bogs down and I can hear hissing as though it's getting air but not fuel. Of course this would aslo happen in the dead centre of Bridgewater's busiest intersection. Anyhow, managed to get the car to the cemetery where I parked it and waited for dad to come to tow me home with his jetta.

Once we got it home I took off the fuel filter and blew it out with compressed air. Talk about a pile of mud and sediment. With the fuel filter off we started the car. There is pressure so I don't think it's a problem with the fuel pump. and once the filter is back on the line there is still pressure, so the problem has to be something injection related...right?

Dad got the bright idea to take apart the injection assembly and blow compressed air through the injector unit. Once the had everything back together we started the car and instead of the gas atomizing upon leaving the injector it comes out as a stream.

Any ideas people???

------------------
Caleb Sarty (Ferarro Bill)

build it faster...build it stronger...built it louder...build it sexier...but keep it fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
just got a call from dad...he bought a complete fiero parts car for $100...hopefully it will have everything we need.

Any suggestions or tricks I can try to narrow down the problem?

------------------

build it faster...build it stronger...built it louder...build it sexier...but keep it fiero

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
your dad is very smart and also very helpful.

give the injector and its wires a good hard look.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 11-10-2003).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It sounds like your injector is stuck open now, after the compressed air was applied to it. It could have pushed some junk into it and lokced it up. Try finding another injector to see if that helps, you also want a new fuel filter after seeing the description of the old one.
84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the advice. I'll try the injector off the parts car and go buy a new filter and hope for the best. If that doesn't do it I guess I'll be replacing the fuel pump.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock