A question for everyone ! by J_Godspeed
Started on: 11-09-2003 10:34 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: J_Godspeed on 11-11-2003 10:08 PM
J_Godspeed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J_GodspeedSend a Private Message to J_GodspeedDirect Link to This Post
This is kind of dumb, or simple to most people, but i just want everyone's opinion:

I'm a 300+ pounds human (if i could say that), HOW THE HELL I GET ON A FIERO ?

Is there any modification i could do to it (more than weighting myself down) to help me ?

(yes, you can laugh)

------------------
Good Luck...
...and Godspeed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Put the seat all the way back, steering wheel all the way up.

if thats not enough, I believe you can get a kit for a remouvable steering wheel like on race cars.

J_Godspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J_GodspeedSend a Private Message to J_GodspeedDirect Link to This Post
Good, thanks for that, i would like something more specific, pictures perhaps ?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
There is a guy( rather large) that shows up to some of our funtions that removed his drivers seat and sits on the floor
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi welcome to the forum. i am regular build but have a bad back so i have to kinda twist slide in. because theses cars are so low compared to regular cars, plus i have a large friend who wouldn't have thought of driving a fiero , i encourged him, actually taught my slidy motion and he is 350 + and he fits in, rather snug but plenty of leg room, and now he loves to drive a fiero..

fiero eqaul opportunity car does not discriminate... .. good luck ..

J_Godspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J_GodspeedSend a Private Message to J_GodspeedDirect Link to This Post
So, he did not do any mod at all ?

I mean, my leg hits the wheel hardly.

[This message has been edited by J_Godspeed (edited 11-09-2003).]

silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi nnada one it is just a little snug gettting in and he uses the steering wheel up and seat back.. i wonder if modifing the seat rtack would make it go back further?..good luck ..

ps called him and he siad it was ok to say 5 feet 11 inches and size 56-58 waist! and he loves my fiero i dont mind him driving it "aint nothing he can hurt.. "

[This message has been edited by silver86se (edited 11-09-2003).]

ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post
I donno.... 300lbs is pushing the "fat guy in little car thing" pretty far.

Try driving a fiero around. If your all good in a Fiero... Well there ya go, drive a fiero! If you don't like it. You just might want to try out a different car.

Im just over 6 foot, if I was any taller I wouldn't feel comfertable in a Fiero. Would just feel too out of place.

silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi it not the wieght but actually the way a person is built or say the volume he occupys that will determine if he can fit into the little car.. in winter when i gett all dressed up in thick coats and sweaters and scarfs, i even have a hard time getting in at times wieght is not a problem for the v6, its used in s 10 pickups and they haul a lot heavier stuff...
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I'm 6 ft 5 inch and 250 lbs. I have to sit in the car sideways then hook my right foot under the clutch so I can get eough room to straighten my leg so I can get my knee under the steering wheel. Once the right leg is in, turn body, pll in left leg and un hook right foot from behind clucth.
Sounds worse than it is. I reckon a smaller steering wheel or one of those with a flattened bottom would help.
Once I am in I have plenty of room (plenty being a relative term in a Fiero !!)

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
I changed my steering wheel and went with a smaller one. It seems to help me getting in and out. I be about 250#.
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2003 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Why do you want to get "ON" a Fiero?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, Looking to ad a Northstar soon

J_Godspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J_GodspeedSend a Private Message to J_GodspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

Why do you want to get "ON" a Fiero?

Why ? Because i like the car, that's why, u don't need an extre explanation to that.

I'm just asking, since i hop on my dad's and i didn't felt like "inside" at all, maybe because he got the seat all to the front.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock