Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  How much should Rear wheels shake from left to right?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

How much should Rear wheels shake from left to right? by Banner
Started on: 11-09-2003 02:03 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Boricuasoy on 11-09-2003 08:44 AM
Banner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BannerSend a Private Message to BannerDirect Link to This Post
I jacked the car's rear end off the ground today and shook the rear wheels both up and down (grabbing top and bottom) and left and right (grabbing front and back). Up and down it was solid as a rock, but the side to side the wheels appeared to move a little bit, (but I really had to yank on it).

Now is this acceptable? Or should it be rock solid going side to side? Both wheels did it about the same amount (say an 1/8 of an inch maybe). If this is unacceptable, what part is most likely worn?

Thanks all!

------------------
87 GT 3.4 V6 4spd Overdrive (Auto) Fiero
(Turbo coming soon...)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Unless it is shaking alot then I wouldn't worry about it. It has to be your rear tie rods or bushings for them. If it get where it feels like you . it's wandering around in the rear,

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
i would get a buddy one shakes the tire the other one looks at the play on the outer and inner tierod. that play will translate into a swerving rear end at high speed or high speed cornnering, if it doesnt swearve then dont worry about it for now i guess.

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock