Started on: 11-06-2003 10:08 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: dguy on 11-12-2003 12:12 PM
dguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Digging through a blast of parts I picked up from someone who's Fiero interests have moved on, I came across what appears to be the governor for the automagic transmission with VSS attached.

Now I haven't touched an automagic transmission since college, let alone ever in a Fiero. Be gentle.

Unlike the VSS's which are bolted in place in both of our manual transmissions, this one appears to be held in by a retaining clip. It should pull straight out of the governor housing after releasing the clip, correct? I don't want to start pulling against a mystery fastener and break something...

TIA!

------------------
-d.

1985 2M6 SE (his)
1984 2M4 (hers)

Ratings don't make the world go 'round, but they are nice to have. If you find what I have to say helpful, please click on that Rate this member link over to the left and give me a positive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
"I " think its easier to just remove the 2 10mm bolts from the cap and then you have the entire thing that comes off, then you can remove the VSS its easier i think,

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8

dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2003 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:
"I " think its easier to just remove the 2 10mm bolts from the cap and then you have the entire thing that comes off, then you can remove the VSS its easier i think,

Ok, but how do you remove the VSS? Undo the retaining clip and just yank?

The entire govenor/VSS assembly has already been removed from the tranny. I want the VSS for my parts bin, but have no use for the governor.

Like I said in my first post, I don't want to force the VSS out against a retainer which I don't know is there.

-d.

dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2003 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
TTT
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2003 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
theres a clip holding it in i belive, and it just wiggels out i think?
dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks $Rich$.

I finally found a fuzzy scan of an exploded diagram of the VSS/governor assembly... Assuming that both you & the diagram are correct, the clip seems to be "it."

I guess I'll just have to sock the penetrating oil to it, and yank harder.

blazin'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blazin'Send a Private Message to blazin'Direct Link to This Post
I know this is hard but don't yank too too hard, or else you risk the little plastic gear on the end of the VSS falling off into your tranny, which is a real pain in the neck to get out.

[This message has been edited by blazin' (edited 11-12-2003).]

dguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blazin':
I know this is hard but don't yank too too hard, or else you risk the little plastic gear on the end of the VSS falling off into your tranny, which is a real pain in the neck to get out.

Thanks blazin', but I don't think that'll be a problem. See my 2nd reply above--the governor/VSS assembly is no longer attached to the tranny.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock