carbed V8 install question by truk78
Started on: 11-04-2003 05:37 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: tesmith66 on 11-05-2003 08:56 AM
truk78

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for truk78Send a Private Message to truk78Direct Link to This Post
I plan on using archies kit to aid my install. My question is, What in the engine compartment can be removed, or must be removed. I am looking to gut everything and paint the area, then reinstall all components(wiring/hoses/bracketry/etc). The less I have to put back in, the better.
Thanks,
Kurt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
battery box.

what did you chose for the waterpump?

truk78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for truk78Send a Private Message to truk78Direct Link to This Post
I am not going with the elcetric waterpump, I will go with the standard style, and make a cover within the wheel well.
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
You may have to modify the right side wheel well to accomodate the water pump and/or drive.
You might have to cut the right side hood hinge mount for valve cover clearance.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I removed everything except what was needed.
They are:
The Harness
The vacuum line for the brake booster
The coolant hoses
The small harness to the fuel tank/pump
The Fuel pump relay (and A/C relay)

I used the double sided insulation from Jegs to cover my firewall.
Here's the thread with some pics:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/029980.html

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
All of the original intake ducting, canister can go. Also the dogbone mount on the rear trunk wall. I used the belt wp in mine. only slight modification to that side frame rail.Battery box (i put in trunk). The metal plate on the inside of deck lid (gives ya 1/4" or so more clearance). The rear fan/cooling tubes and all the insulation.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
my engine compartment is Bare Bones, the ONLY thing that is still there that dosent NEED to be, is the Stock UN-used battery tray, but thats comming out too (the car is all apart now)
its amazing at how much Room there is when its all cleaned out, even my 350 looks like it has room to Grow, it looks like it belongs there, not crammed in at all
it looks like a empty old 70's full size Chevy pick up engine compartment, plenty of room to work

------------------
Rich AIM one fast 2m8
WTB: 3.32 OR 3.65 4 speed tranny
'92 325i-- X-brace, eibach pro-kit, bilstein sport, S.T. brace, borla cat back,
'86 Fiero 2M8 ,350 bored .030 over,World Products s/r Torquers-ported, Manley valves, Weiand X-CELerator, edelbrock 750cfm.carb hypereutectic pistons, 1.5 rollers,lumpy cam, sanderson cc90's,2-1/4" exhaust4:10 tranny, Spec stage 3copper puck clutch, adj.Koni's, Eibach's,polly, tons more...
'86 Fiero 2m6, 2-1/4 inch drop, KYB's, ocelot exhaust, No cat.

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Yep, what all of the others said. Plus I pulled my aluminum tubing for the cold air from the "trunk" section.

Cleans up real well.

John

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2003 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I pulled the aluminum cooling tubes, the leftover tubes from the recall, the battery tray, all of the unused brackets, and most of the insulation.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock